Monday, June 04, 2007

Rainy Monday

It was a rainy, cooler day today, with downpours off and on all day. It was actually a nice break. I love a rainy day, to sit and listen to the rain on the fresh spring leaves and the birds rejoicing.

Last week we did Bessie's annual testing, this week was Gabe's turn. He does very well, but he doesn't sit well for too many sections at once. It will probably take us most of the week to finish.

Brian had the afternoon off. We hung around here at home for part of the time and then headed over to Mom and Dad's for a visit and dinner. Brian is helping Dad repair his garage door opener which was zapped in a recent storm. They made good progress but realized the sensor lights were also damaged. Dad will have to order those.

It was a nice visit. The kids always have fun at Noona and Papa's and it was nice and relaxing and great to have someone else cook dinner! :-)

The view from Mom and Dad's front porch as the
mist rises from the mountain during a lull in the rain

7 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Oooo I want to come sit on your parents front porch.

Kristine said...

THIS kind of photo is exactly why dh has ALWAYS wanted to move back east. Just beautiful, and I'm excited too!

Romany said...

Great picture. Is that a church in the foreground?

Dorothy

Cynthia said...

What a pretty view. Our rain finally let up for a few days... long enough to get to mow the lawn yesterday and just in time from what I've heard. It sounds like the rainy weather will be back here by tomorrow.

Tiffany said...

What a beautiful moment captured on camera! We had the same storm probably a couple of nights ago. The boys were up half the night afraid of the thunder. But I'm with you; I love a good rain!

Debbie said...

Their porch is a wonderful spot. I have a lot of memories of time spent on that porch. Brian made them a porch swing several years ago and that is my favorite place.

Dorothy, yes, there are two churches within view of my folks porch. The one in the pictures has been sold and is no longer used as a church.

berrypatch said...

Cool photo!!!!