Brian had this week off and spent a good portion of the time building this new vegetable garden. he put up a very nice fence with animal fencing tacked to the inside. Built raised beds, de-sodded the soil, tilled it and added six inches of rich garden mix to the boxes and added mulch to all the paths.
Doesn't it look nice? Let the planting begin!
There are four 4'x12' beds, six 4'x8' beds and two 3'x8' beds.
6 comments:
I love your garden! So spacious and organized...what a blessing!
You are SO organized, Debbie. You are taking lessons from DeEtta. I don't know how in the world you do it all! (I know you'll say you don't, but you do a whole lot more than I do.)
How pretty! I agree with Kristine, I don't know how you do it all. You and Brian are a wonderful team!!
Tim is VERY jealous of your gardens.
This is beautiful - so very pretty. I'm still hoping for a couple of beds....but we have too many 1/2 finished projects....the pond will be first but before anything Mike MUST get more ACSC tests under his belt. He has one month to finish 4 more tests.....praying for an extension. I am consoling myself with the realization that many things will grow better in the fall around here than the summer. LOL
Thanks for the updated picture! I'm wondering about the wood. Is it treated with something? Will it rot with all the watering? Do you think having a raised bed like that will cut down on the weeding? I think I could get into a garden like this especially if it meant less weeding!
Beautiful! Be sure to post photos as everything grows. ;-)
Post a Comment