As anyone with a larger family knows, a lot of hotels will not allow so many in one room, so we booked a suite in a hotel in Portland. It was very nice with plenty of room for everyone to spread out. We do not often stay in hotels with most of our traveling being done with our camper. It was a treat for us all, perhaps with the exception of Brian who spends way too much time staying in hotels. Trying to make this a mini-vacation, we made sure there was a pool.
After a quick stop for a fast-food dinner, we got to the hotel, changed and headed to the pool. It was great. I spent most of my time in the hot tub, but did enjoy a swim with the kids. Rachel also thought the hot tub was the place to be. Poor Rachel is almost always cold and truly enjoyed the warmth of the hot tub.
Dan checking out the view. We were on the 5th floor. As you can tell by the sheets, we needed all available bed space, including the pull-out sofa.
We were right next to the airport, but it was extremely quiet. I guess being late Friday into Saturday and a stormy weekend, there was not a lot of air traffic. I know many flights up and down the east coast were canceled or detailed due the weather.
7 comments:
Wishing I could meet you all in person!
I'm glad the hotel worked out. How was the visit with the B family?
So glad you got this opportunity. I love Dan's photo.
Glad you made it up there and back safe and sound!
How did you find this hotel? I have 5 children, we have a camper and we never stay in hotels due to having to book two rooms. A suite sounds great. We did stay in a bed and breakfast on a dairy farm in Pennsylvania and that was fun. You have a beautiful family I'm glad you had a good trip.
I'm stuck on the first part: You visited the B family in Maine who just brought back a new family member from Korea. I am assuming it's not the B family I know you know in Maine, unless she's keeping big secrets!
Post a Comment