Friday, February 16, 2007

Little's Plane Day

Today was the Plane Day for the Littles. This is the date we celebrate their homecoming to join our family. They didn't really understand what it was all about, but we talked about it and asked if they remembered last year. Rachel said she did, but I'm not sure how much Hannah and especially Dan remember.

We had a good day. We did some school this morning. Rachel is making good progress on her letter sounds. I am really encouraged by her work the last few weeks.

It was still cold and windy, but not quite so cold. It managed to get up into the 20s. With the warmer temps, I let all the kids go out to play. It takes me about 10 minutes (okay, a little exaggeration, but not much) to get Dan ready and he was back inside in 5 minutes. Hannah lasted a bit longer and the older three stayed out for quite a while.

Brian was home early. He did the snowblowing again as the wind had blown in several of the paths and the town plow truck and piled quite a bit of snow across our driveway.

We made brownies for after dinner and I put fixins' in the bread machine for pizza dough.

Bessie, Gabe and Rachel went out again in the afternoon and stayed out for over an hour. I don't know how they can handle the wind, but I guess trotting up the hill dozens of times keeps you warm.

We had a dinner favorite of pizza and salad and then brownie sundaes for dessert. We gave small gifts to the Littles. They were so excited.

We watched some home videos of past Christmases and Gabe's Plane Day. I couldn't find the video of when the Littles came home last year. I need to hunt around for that. Everyone loved seeing Gabe as a baby and watching Bessie play peek-a-boo. When we skipped ahead to newer videos, Dan kept wanting to see the baby again. We told him it was Gabe, but he said, "No, baby!" They loved seeing themselves from this past Christmas. I need to remember to take the video camera out more often. It was great fun watching them.

No comments: