This was Rachel's first birthday since coming home. We had only missed her birthday last year by a little over a week. It was a long year for her as she watched everyone Else's birthday come and go.
We didn't get to celebrate her special day until Friday. Brian took the day off and we had a day out. Rachel got her ears pierced and we did some shopping. Mom and Dad came over in the afternoon to have dinner with us.
In our house, you get to choose what you want for your birthday dessert. We aren't huge cake fans, so often it is something else. Rachel chose apple pie.
We had a great day and Rachel was so excited. It was wonderful to watch her. This was her first celebrated birthday.
Make a wish!




6 comments:
What a precious smile! I'm sure it was worth the wait.
Happy Birthday Rachel!!!! Looks like it was a fun day. The pictures are great.
How very precious these photos are. Thanks for sharing.
What a wonderful look on Rachel's face as she looks at the pie! I loved seeing her ear piercing pics too--she did great. It's such a shock to be so excited about something and then have them POW! shoot you right in the ear!
Happy Birthday, Rachel!
Bless her little cotton socks!
Dorothy
Oh - I'm so excited (and sorry I missed it!!!). She must have been THRILLED to finally have it be HER day. :-) Awesome! ~Lisa
Post a Comment