Saturday, July 28, 2007

A Day at the Pond

Wednesday afternoon we went with friends to visit a family we hadn't met before. They are in the process of bringing a new daughter home from Haiti. It is so encouraging to talk to other adoptive families.

They have a wonderful pond for swimming and exploring. The water isn't too deep except right in the middle and there was plenty of sand to play in.

Gabe especially was so excited by all the frogs, tadpoles and insects around the pond. They had several nets and Gabe had taken along a container. We came home with several frogs in various stages of development. They are making a new home in our garden pond.

It was such a wonderful spot for the kids to play and the moms to visit. The kids had a terrific time and we hope to visit again soon.

















The only down side to the whole day was the radiator on the van overheated. I couldn't get the cap off to add more water, so we had to limp home. I knew enough to run the heat on which helps to pull heat away from the engine. After dropping Bessie off at a babysitting job, we made it home without redlining the temperature. After the engine was shut off, lots of steam came out. It was actually pretty cool looking.














After Bri got home, he found a hole in the radiator hose. A quick fix and we are set to go.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Debbie, what a blessing your family is to others who are adopting internationally.

It must have been a bit different for the kids to swim in a pond instead of a pool! I'm looking forward to the frog pics . . .

Cynthia said...

I'm sure you're a blessing and encouragement to the family adopting from Haiti!

Good thing you know about such things as running the heater! I wouldn't have known that.