Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Tuesday Afternoon

We arrived back at the campground around 4:30 and we decided to have a quick snack and go out to Ocean Point. Bessie was really antsy to get into the water and I must admit that I was needing an ocean fix. The tide was coming in fast and the kids had a blast. Bessie got right in and Gabe even went under. I didn’t put bathing suits on the Littles, as I didn’t think they would go in. They got soaked! Dan kept running out into the water and then back up on the rocks. They giggled and had a great time. Of course, Gracie the dog enjoyed her nice swim. She loves the water.

I made sure to give a wave to Dorothy in England. I wasn’t sure of the exact direction, so I’ll bring a compass when we go to Pemaquid Point and make sure I’m waving at England and not Spain or Africa! I also collected quite a bit of beach glass. Gabe found several really nice pieces of blue for me. He loves to find interesting colors and is so pleased to give them to me for my collection.
Brian lets Gracie take a swim
We love the ocean!
Dan and Hannah enjoying the waves

All the kids needed a change of clothes in the van. We stopped for pizza on the way home…pepperoni and onion and mushroom…yum, yum. I gave everyone a shower to get off the salt water and the Littles went to bed. Gabe and Bessie stayed up for a bit longer and I ran down to the office to check my messages. Brian and I are enjoying lots of hours for reading and stitching in the evenings.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Reading and stitching sounds wonderfully relaxing! And the sound of the ocean as well... that's MY kind of vacation! We also love to go to the beach.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know how Bessie feels. We kids always so excited about arriving at the beach when I was little. We'd have a competition for who could spot the sea first. A scream always went up when we did. My kids now get excited too and can't wait to get in it when we first arrive!

You're supposed to wave at the SW corner of England, remember!