Friday, November 28, 2008

Brian has been away for several weeks. This is always a difficult time for all of us, even though it happens somewhat regularly.

For the most part we have been doing well staying on our routine, getting school done and keeping with our usual appointments and lessons.

Monday and Tuesday of this week, we stayed on track and got some good school done, on Wednesday, we played.

Good friends treated us to a movie at a new theater in the city. I hadn't been to the movies in 20 years, Bessie's been once and the younger children have never been, so this was a real adventure for us.

Bessie putting chili fixins' in the crock
pot before the movie
(Doesn't she look cute with her new contacts?)


We went to see "Bolt" in 3D. It was a very cute movie and the children did well and enjoyed it the experience.

After we parted with our friends, we did a bit of shopping. I picked up a few Christmas decorations at the Christmas Tree Shoppe and then we visited the Christian Bookstore at their new location. Bessie was able to get a music trac for a solo she is singing in church next week.

The children have been terrific at helping me while Brian has been away. The younger guys keep the wood ring filled for our stove and Gabe and Rachel keep my bird feeders filled. Most days Bessie makes sure the chicken's are fed and watered and she is always ready to help with meals, clean up and child care.

After all the work is done, there is always time for play. Our front room is quickly transformed into a large fort with room enough for all.

We sure miss Brian, but thankfully, we have great friends and family that help us pass the days until he returns.


4 comments:

Cynthia said...

I hope the time passes quickly until Brian returns!

Stephanie said...

What a great family you have!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Deb....Bess....you look cute! I'm glad it's not secret any longer....I tried not to comment at ALL about you anywhere until you surprised your cousins. I like them. Are you adjusting well to them?

Deb - I like all your blog changes. HEY do you know how I can make the title show up in google reader? It does for you - for me it says "title unknown" and I'd like to change that> LOL

Praying for you as Bri is gone.

berrypatch said...

I love the new contacts! ;-) So glad you all had fun at the movies.