Bessie loves to skate and is quite good. She took group lessons when she was younger and enjoys going whenever possible, which isn't very often these days.
Here she is getting to do a spin. It was a wonderful treat for her to go. She enjoyed being with her friends and had a great time on the ice.
9 comments:
Oh, that looks like fun!
I love to skate, but haven't for about five years now. I could never do a spin, but I can still skate backwards. :)
Skating is so beautiful! I've not mastered the art of staying upright on the blades...but I love to watch. Come to think of it - I don't do skiing well either....I think I missed "winter sports" growing up in Africa and the Philippines. ::snort::
I don't think I've been on skates in nearly 50 years but I thought of it yesterday when I saw largest ice sheet I've seen in years.
OOH the header photo is absolutely gorgeous.
It's been since college since I've skated but it is a lot of fun. I'm not all that good but I can start, go, and stop. That seems to be the basics at least. ;-)
I wish we had a year-round rink here. All we do have is a outdoor rink that's downtown and only open a couple of months. I never really mastered ice skating, but I know my girls would love it as they have the few times they have gone.
I loved figure skating when I was young. I think I will have to go and dig up a pair of skates and go for a spin.
Go Bessie! My children (and I) like to skate but none of us are very good at it!
FUN! I tried ice skating once and asn't very good.... How nice that you and the other moms can take turns with the older/younger kids.. it's hard on either to always have to wait on the other so it's nice to split up occasionally.
Holly skated for a couple of years, until her best friend, and skating buddy, moved to Italy. It was a great sport, because Trevor would do it too!
My sister used to ice skate (we're talking waaaay back here)--with Brian Boitano. Brian trained at the same rink, they had the same coach (who took Brian to the Olympics). Lori's claim to fame is that she held hands with Brian during a skating show, as part of the skating program. lol
Kristine
Post a Comment