Monday, February 16, 2009

The Little's Plane Day

I started this post on Monday and here it is Saturday already. I need to start making my blog a bit more of a priority. As it is a journal of sorts of our family life, I need to work on it more.

Monday was the Little's 3rd Plane Day. Three years! How the time has flown by and how much we have all changed.

Here is the first photo we took of our whole family that day when we were at the airport. The Littles were all so tiny and serious looking. We weren't sure what to expect and I guess that was a good thing in many ways.

We have walked each day as best we could, learning as we go about each other, about life as an adoptive family bringing in older children and siblings. It certainly has not been boring, each day has been full of new challenges and blessings.

Here is a picture we took on Monday. Quite a bit different. They have grown so much and are so happy and healthy. They continue to adjust well to life in our family and we to having them with us. We are making a lot of memories and each year brings remembrances of things we have already done. I am finding that to be one of the most significant bonding things, shared memories of family experiences.

I wonder what this year will hold for us. We always try to be open to God's plan and be willing to follow his lead. It is never the same and we are always surprised in one way or another.

And because the children always want to show the "real" us, one one photo...


10 comments:

berrypatch said...

I LOVE that last photo!!! I love all the photos actually & I can't believe it's been THREE years! Wow!!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, my how they have changed and grown!!! It is amazing! I also love the last photo; you can really see the personality of everyone. :)

Again, thank you for your encouraging words! They are appreciated and treasured more than you know.

Anonymous said...

It is hard to believe that it has been that long :) Maritess will have been home four years in March and Jonas---18 months. Crazy! Somedays it feels like forever; other days, it seems like yesterday. I am always so blessed to read your blog. You are a beautiful person!

Romany said...

Great pics! I love how everyone looks so happy!

Cynthia said...

I remember when Brian and Bessie went to get them! Hard to believe I've known you that long now....

I also need to work on blogging more often because I, too, want it to be a record of our family activities, thoughts, etc...especially as the kids grow up and move on. I'm always surprised how much our oldest dd likes reading our blog.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

It seems so long ago (and yet like yesterday) that we were praying as Brian and Bess went to bring the littles home. It was fun to share the plane day via the blog and photos. Thanks.

BTW I like your new look. I can't decide WHAT look I'm going for on my blog...but I guess that's the fun of such easy changes. LOL

RuthieJ said...

Wow, that's pretty neat Debbie. It's nice to see what a fun and happy family you've got there.

Wild Homeschool Family said...

The thing I remember the most is when you were wondering if they would all fit in your house and what changes you might make.

It has been wonderful to watch the littles, and all of you, grow and change and become a family!

Happy Plane Day!!!!

Jodi

Anonymous said...

Wow, seeing the first pic really does make it seem like so long ago!

I love the last picture, you all are the perfect family together!!!

Happy Plane Day to ALL of you!

Kristine
(your comment thing is different, and it won't let me switch it to ME!)

momma24 said...

You guys are such a beautiful family and are a blessing to us all. Thank you for sharing with us.