Saturday, July 04, 2009

NY Camping - Day 3

Brian took Dan and Gabe out fishing Sunday morning. Dan doesn't stick with the whole fishing thing for too long, so they were back within 30 minutes or so.

We finished packing up the camper and hit the road. We were driving further west toward Niagara. We stopped once for lunch and gas and mapquest got us right where we needed to go.

The Daisy Barn Campground is right on Lake Ontario. What a beautiful location. The campground was small...only 38 sites and 30 of them seasonal. It was very quiet and we had a gorgeous view of the lake. This is taken out the camper window toward the lake.


We relaxed for a while and let the children watch a DVD. We love the new bunkroom. There are four beds with one of the lower ones folding into a small table. This works out so well for the children to have their own space. There is room for their clothes and a few toys and books.

After dinner, we all went down to the dock for some fishing. Well, I didn't fish but got him some birdwatching. I'm the designated dog watcher, so Gracie and I sat on the stairs and watched the birds. Of course, I'm just trying to identify them and I think Gracie would like to chase them. It was a gorgeous evening and the lake was very calm. No fish were caught, but everyone had a fun time.

I could have sat their until dark just soaking in the beauty.

Everyone settled down eaiser and quicker as we all got used to life in our new camper.

This was Gabe's sleeping place of choice. He just loved having Gracie right with him and I think she enjoyed it too. At home, she is not allowed to sleep in the children's rooms.



6 comments:

Romany said...

Just now catching up a little with your blog. The camper looks great and the site too!

Cynthia said...

Beautiful view!!! The bunks look great.

Unknown said...

Debbie,
I am glad you all are enjoying yourselves.

N.E. said...

In your big photo,it looks like Bess is taller than you now! Is that possible????
Debbie, you are the blogmaster. I hope someday my blog will have the awesome layout yours has . . .wow!
Love,
Nikki

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Debbie - I love our back bunk room but that feature of one of the bottom ones folding into a table is AWESOME. What a great thing!

Awesome dock and water photos.

Kristine said...

Oh, more lovely photos. The fishing one; the sun coming through the clouds...

I'm with Dan on fishing. My dad took us once when we were kids. It probably lasted 30 minutes. I wouldn't bait my own hook. We didn't catch anything. But it was enough for me to say that I've done it, I don't need to do it again!!

What a treat for both Gabe and Gracie!