Thursday, October 27, 2011

Winter Begins

Our first snow of the season. The kids were so excited and wanted to go out badly.  We finished our schoolwork. The question was where was all the snow gear. I'm not really sure why winter seems to catch me off guard. It comes pretty much the same time every year. I headed to the garage in search of the plastic boxes. They were not buried too deeply and soon everyone was outfitted with enough warm clothing for some fun in the snow.


Yes, those are shorts that Gabe has on. He is always warm, even in winter. I'm sure once he can go sledding, he will at least don snow pants.


There is something so magical about the first few snow falls of the seasons.  Even those of us that are hot summer lovers, stop to enjoy and smile.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Debbie!! Snow! I wore shorts and flip-flops today. I'm jealous of your beautiful snow! :) Glad to see you pop up on my blog roll again!

Liz Tolsma said...

Glad you see you back! I've missed you. The snow looks wonderful - we've only had the cold. Good to hear the kids are settling in well to homeschooling. Have fun!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Reading your post makes me feel SO MUCH BETTER. Winter caught me off guard too...and the kids have been wearing shorts in the snow. We went to Target today because I can't find pants that fit their thin, long legged build in Misawa. I think we'll be ready for winter when we get back.

Cynthia said...

Our kids will also wear flip flops and shorts as far into the winter and as early in the spring as they can :)....