Bri had another day off. He loves hooking a day or two onto a weekend.
It poured all night. I don't know how much rain we got, but there was a lot of flooding around the area. And the wind blew and blew. I really appreciate this old house then the wind is howling. It is like a fortress.
The temperature steadily went down today and we are once again in the 40s.
Brian fixed the van...yeah! He also winterized the camper.
Bessie and I sorted clothes....blah. Most of it is still piled on a bed upstairs. Good thing Gabe is back to sleeping in our room and doesn't need his bed. :-p
The musical went well tonight. We all looked so nice. We had blue bottoms, pants or skirts and white shirts. Men wore red, white and blue ties and the ladies wore read, white and blue scarves.
We had a color guard from a local army unit which added a great deal to the evening and then pastor awarded honor plaques to the various veterans groups that there present.
There were a few glitches...always are, but it was well received and we had a good crowd. Hopefully the bumps will be all out for tomorrow.
3 comments:
Yes and at 40 degrees I was STILL ready to walk outside with my favorite beat-up blue flip-flops (actually I was considering no shoes whatsoever:)
glithches - isn't that the case (LOL). For our Christmas service they were going to split the bands and have one do the services on the 23rd and the other do the services on the 24th. But, honestly, it's just easier to have one band... by the 3rd or 4th time we can get all the kinks worked out (LOL).... so.. dh and I are playing all 5 Christmas services this year and I'm sure there will be a few glitches along the way.
Oh my, Cynthia! That is a lot of services. Our church is not large...about 300 members I think. We will have the regular two services on Sunday morning and an evening Christmas Eve service.
Post a Comment