It has been a very quiet few days. We didn't step foot outside yesterday except to play in the yard and get some chores done. It was nice not to have anywhere to go.
Yesterday was a beautiful day...clear skies and warmer temps.
I caught up on some laundry and picked up the kitchen.
We didn't do any "formal" schoolwork, but Bessie and I worked on her Thanksgiving lapbook. She is almost done. She is working very hard and doing some good indepth work putting together her mini-books. I finally decided it was way too much writing for Gabe and I didn't see the sense of me doing it all. He and I have focused on reading about Thanksgiving and the Pilgrims. I'll save the lapbook and we'll do it in a year or two when he is writing better. I keep forgetting his is only seven.
I spent some time taking advantage of a couple on-line sales/deals that were being offered for Black Friday. Then I did a lot of downloading of ebooks that I had bought. With dial-up, this was not a speedy task, but I didn't have any problems with the downloads and I guess some did.
When Brian is away, I get to do his chores, which this time of year means bringing in wood and taking care of the chickens. Neither is difficult and I enjoy the good excuse to spend some time outside.
The kids played outside for quite a while in the afternoon. Bessie made dinner for us.
Another gorgeous day today. We had a good morning. I did more laundry and chatted on the phone with friend that also has adopted children. She surprised me by telling me that have another baby. Apparently a family adopted this little guy from Quatamala and later found out he has severe vision loss. This was not something they felt they could deal with. So D & D have an eight month old baby boy added to their brood. It makes me feel ashamed on days when I complain...they are in their 50s and still opening their home to children.
After lunch we ventured away from the homestead and went to the library, grocery store and farm store.
We heard from Bri and they should be heading down to the ice today...well actually tomorrow, the time/day thing is wierd. He sounded good and eager to get to work.
All the kids seem to over the snifflies. Rachel and Dan have a little runny nose left, but nothing serious. Hopefully this will last.
3 comments:
You mentioned on another loopie's blog about copying . . . well, I just copied your countdown clock using a different graphic, and now dd wants to put one on her blog too! I love finding these things, thanks!
You're welcome, Kristine! I enjoy fiddling with my blog and I am always willing to share the things I find.
Love your Christmas decorations and the count down clock! Really cool!
Post a Comment