I just finished reading Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit by Teri Maxwell. To say that I don't feel very meek or quiet in my homeschooling or in any other area of my mothering right now is an understatement.This book had some good ideas on how to improve areas of your life to create a calmer environment and thus make it easier to be meek and quiet. And where these ideas were good and the basic idea of the book is good, I was searching for something that gets to the heart of matter...why I don't have a meek and quiet spirit. For me it isn't that my house is unorganized or that my kids aren't on a strict schedule, it is because my heart is not in the right place.
As a start, I enjoyed this book and toward the end I did feel she touched on a few heart issues. I'm still searching and working toward being a better mother, a mother with a more meek and quiet spirit.
2 comments:
Debbie- ooooo, that verse has always been a challenge to me as well. "the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit which is PRECIOUS in the sight of God." (Caps mine). Toddlers make it difficult, and I'm sure teenagers will make it even worse. I've tried to recite the fruit of the spirit that I need at that moment like a mantra: "Peace, peace, peace..." for example. That usually helps and forces me to do and say nothing aloud for a minute. I don't know how you're doing it with 5 (there's 5, right?). I'ts amazing what you've done already, and I'm praying for you! Tiffany from the adoption list
I've been wondering if this is a good book to read. I like helpful books but not guilt trip ones, LOL. Everytime I think of what a major change you've had adding 3 new little ones all at once. Like triplets but at all different stages. You're doing so well.
Post a Comment