Monday, October 13, 2008

Stormy Weather

As I mentioned before, the weather predicted for our camping trip was not good and was complicated further by the approach of hurricane Kyle. The rain Saturday night into Sunday morning was tremendous, a downpour that lasted for hours.

There are many reasons I love our camping trailer, but none more than staying warm and dry during rotten weather.

Below you can see the river that developed flowing under the trailer. We were a bit concerned for erosion, but it seemed secure enough.

The water poured off of our awning. We made sure it was slanted heavily to one side to keep the water from pooling on top.

This was the result the next morning. We weren't really sure how we were going to get out of our site with this very large washout. It ended up not being difficult as Brian drove over onto the lawn.


These little adventures always add to our trips and make for some of the most interesting memories.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

It is definitely nice to not be tenting it in inclimate weather.

berrypatch said...

This is SO why I want something other than a tent before I agree to go camping. ;-)