Saturday, February 21, 2009

Can you tell I am growing weary of our winter here in the northeast? I needed to change the scenery a bit, so I bring you daffodils! Aren't they lovely.

It is suppose to snow again overnight and tomorrow, but I know those daffodils are there under the frozen ground, stirring, and building until they will break forth and bring dazzling color to the dreary landscape. Yes, it is going to snow again, but I can dream of warmer days to come, bright flowers, sunshine and green!

8 comments:

berrypatch said...

I love the look! Come on spring!!!

Diann said...

I love the daffodils! We've had a weird winter too (although not so cold as you)...warm and in the 50s one day, snowing the next, back to warm a couple of days later, etc. You start to think it's spring and then you get right back to winter. I think my body is totally confused.

WiseAcre said...

The new look is great. So much better than the view from my window where I just watched the snow plow leave a bank of snow at the foot of the driveway.

While out yesterday I saw maple trees being tapped. It's a good sign that winter is losing it's grip. There's still plenty of weary winter days left but 'spring' is in the air.

Susie said...

Hi Debbie,
Love your pretty spring look here :)
Those daffodils just speak of springtime!
My daffodils are blooming in real life here in CA :) (I have a picture in my latest post)
Have a wonderful week
xo

Romany said...

The daffs are up and almost out, here! Hold on, Debbie. Not long to go!

Cynthia said...

WOW! Love the springy look. You scared me for a minute though because I thought I was at the wrong blog! This background is one of the ones I tried out awhile ago.

Wild Homeschool Family said...

Your blog looks great!

Yes, hurry up spring!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I noticed your new look right away, it's SO nice and cheery!

Can you believe it's Daylight Savings Time this weekend?!

Kristine