
For Today...April 13, 2009
Outside My Window...it is a lovely day. Still quite cool with temps in the 40s, but plenty of sunshine and a gorgeous blue sky. The birds are very busy at the feeders as are the chickens underneath the feeders.
I am thinking...that perhaps I need to lower my expectations when it comes to the children even further...is that possible? I am thankful for...our extended family. It is so wonderful to be able to get together with them and always know we will have a good time.From the learning rooms...pretty quiet today. The PS is on vacation this week, so we are doing a modified schedule. I thought the children and I would enjoy a quiet day today to follow a few of their own pursuits.From the kitchen...a baked noodle dish to bring to a friend who recently had a baby.I am wearing...my usual comfy clothes...long-sleeved t-shirt, vest and windpants. I need to work on my wardrobe.I am creating...continuing to work on a new cross-stitch block and I cut out the fabric for a small quilt.I am going...to run a few errands and deliver the casserole to my friend. Later I hope to have time to work on my quilt.I am reading...Passionate Housewives Desperate for God.I am hoping...to have extra time to work on my quilt and get back out into the garden.I am hearing...Gabe teaching Rachel to play chess...very funny, Hannah and Dan "cooking" in the playroom and Bessie's quiet music coming from her room.Around the house...good smells from the kitchen, too much candy on the counter, laundry to be folded and fabric pieces cut out and waiting for me to sew.One of my favorite things...audio books for listening while I work.A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...very few...it should be quiet. Hopefully getting together with some friends, sewing and gardening and maybe a bit of school thrown in on our slower days.Here is a picture thought I am sharing...

Some of our first blooms.

5 comments:
Hi Debbie,
this is Debbie
I like to visit a few people's daybooks that are near my name in the list. Yours happened to be only two away from mine on the list. So Great post. Great Picture.
Great to meat another homeschool mom with a Great Name!! Hey is Debbie your full name... mine is actually Deborah after the Deborah of the Bible... what about yours??
Have a great vaction week. We took a mini break Thurs. through Sun. last week and are back at it today.
I have the same book on my TBR list. I started it but need to go work on finishing it. That whole non-fiction thing again. I LOVE the photo! Still nothing blooming here yet but there are some green things starting to come up at least. Brrrr...it was COLD today!
Enjoyed visiting your blog today. Love the flower picture. I put the book you mentioned on my wish list. Sounds good.
What beautiful flowers! Praying for you.
It's so hard to know what's best with the kids.... praying you'll have the answers you need for each day as you need them!
Post a Comment