This was a big day for them as we had two sessions of orientation at our local public school. The children met with their teachers, saw their classrooms, took a ride on a school bus and had ice cream. The parents were given the opportunity to ask questions of the principal, the transportation supervisor and the cafeteria supervisor.
This is all so new to us, but I think we now have enough information to make next Wednesday run relatively smoothly. I'm sure we will work out way through all the ins and outs of having some of our children attending school.
The bus ride was a big hit and the children did great and of course having ice cream after was a treat.
Look at Dan, you can't see his smile, but those eyes tell you he is grinning.

The girls were a bit more shy and reserved but enjoyed themselves.

This was a bittersweet day for me...knowing this is the best choice for our PI children this next year, but feeling sad that we won't all be homeschooling this year.
10 comments:
Debbie,
The photo of Dan is adorable! His eyes ARE so expressive! It sounds like today went well and everyone is prepared. Hang in there, you are doing a great job with ALL your precious kids!
Debbie, what a fun way to usher in the new school year and the new environment for your wonderful kiddoes! This will be a new challenge for you as you work to juggle their schedules, along with Gabe and Bess's. I love the pictures and wonder how many moms had cameras on Orientation Day!
I bet the kids had a great time! Know that I am praying for you. I know this has been a hard but well thought out decision for you & Brian. I'm sure the kids will do great!
The Lord will give you all that you need during this time. I am sure that they will flourish. My prayers are with you :)
{{{Debbie}}} Praying this is a great year for all your children. Dan's eyes ARE smiling.... I know this was a tough decision, praying you have peace in the decision as you walk on the new path.....
Debbie,
It is evident how much you enjoy homeschooling your children. Public schools will be an adjustment, but I am sure that you will find positives along the way.
Tammy
Praying for you all as you make the necessary adjustments.
Will they be going on the bus to school? That looks like fun.
Praying for your family Debbie as you transistion into this new territory.
Looks like they enjoyed the bus ride, a lot!!! Also praying for a great year for all of you.
Debbie, I know this was not an easy decision to make. How wonderful that the school has such a nice orientation!
Post a Comment