Monday, February 08, 2010

Weekly Daybook

Go to The Simple Woman to read more entries.

For Today...February 8, 2010

Outside my window...dark and cold. I can't really even see out the window, as the ice on the outside storm window is pretty much blocking all views, even it was daylight out, which it isn't.

I am thinking....what a very busy, full day it was, but what a fun day. Today was Rachel's 11th birthday and I surprised her at school by bringing her lunch from McDs and cupcakes to share with her class. She did not know I was coming and she was so surprised and pleased.

I am thankful for....Rachel. Some days I know I get frustrated, but when I think how far she has come in the four years since coming home, it really amazes me. She is a terrific person and has so many talents and gifts.

From the learning rooms...Gabe and Bess managed their school work independently today as I spend many hours driving here and there, running errands that needed doing for Rachel's birthday and attending a meeting and bringing Rachel to Girls Club.

From the kitchen...a family favorite...Shepherd's Pie, made with hamburger, cream corn and mashed potatoes. Also, ice cream cake to celebrate Rachel's special day.

On my mind...how I can continue in the direction I'm going, which feels quite good right now. I need to stay focused on the important things and leave the rest.

I am creating...a gift for a friend and working up embroidery projects for Bessie's girl's club in March.

I am going...to work on my garden plan. Nothing like getting down on paper some plans for the spring time to help ease the blues of this cold winter weather.

I am reading...a mystery by Dorothy Sayers. I just love Lord Peter Wimsey.

I am hoping...that Brian's back feels better tomorrow. I know how uncomfortable it is to have a sore back and still try to function.

I am hearing....the soft whoosh of the vaporizer and a few soft snores. All is quiet for the most part.

Around the house...wrapping paper and gifts from Rachel's birthday.

I am Pondering...what is our main objective in schooling our children? What will be the best course of action to help them utilize their gifts and talents to best advantage for them in adulthood.

I am wearing...comfy, warm clothes on a chilly night.

One of my favorite things....pulling off a surprise for one of the children. Nothing beats the look on their faces when you have totally surprised them with something.

Here is a picture I'd like to share
Our birthday girl.

2 comments:

Liz Tolsma said...

It's so great to plan a garden while the snow is falling. Makes you feel like there is hope for spring! Have a great week.

Cynthia said...

I need to think about my garden plans as well.. things like how to keep the weeds under control and how to keep our new puppy out of my flower beds. I guess I'll need a fence around my flower beds if we aren't going to keep him in a fenced area (LOL)!