Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Not much improved since Monday. I guess it was just one of those blah weeks. Nothing terribly exciting, nothing terribly tough, just bumping along through our days.

It rained all day today and was quite foggy. Thankfully it wasn't very cold, although the kids are just waiting for that first big snow.

We have settled into a much better school time. Everyone was quite cooperative this week, which made things go so much easier.

Bessie had piano today. I dropped her off and Bri picked her up on his way home. He stopped and picked up lumber for the Family Room. He took tomorrow off and has Friday off for the holiday. He is hoping to get a good chunk of the Family Room done. He has to sand the spackling and work on the trim. He still thinks we will be able to move in before Christmas. We are going to hold off on the flooring until spring, but everything else should be done.

We are seeing some definite regression in the Littles behavior. Actually, I think it is a good thing as they are working through different griefs and emotional phases, but it makes it tough to have children of a chronological age acting much, much younger. I know we will work through all this and come out the other side a whole family, but this week I was not on my best game and there were plenty of times I just wanted to retreat to my room and hide from it all. Thankfully, God is ever faithful and just when I felt at the end of my rope, He gave me some more...maybe just a little more, but enough to hold onto.

3 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

**Thankfully, God is ever faithful and just when I felt at the end of my rope, He gave me some more...maybe just a little more, but enough to hold onto.**

AMEN. Praying for you. Sometimes bumping along is fine...it's the best we can do. I've been bumping along this week too....but at least I'm still moving in the general direction I need to go. LOL

Lisa in Jax said...

What a blessing that the kids feel comfortable enough to work through their hurt in your loving home! Just give yourself a break and take it one day at a time.

Blessings,

lisa

Jodi said...

I was thinking along the same lines as what Lisa wrote.

everytime I read your blog I think "what a big change they've all had" kids to a new country, family of 4 going to a family of 7 overnight. You're doing well.