Sunday, November 26, 2006

We made it to Sunday school and church this morning. I didn't know if we were going to. I had a very relunctant group. Gabe never wants to go...thinks church is a waste of time and wants to know why we can't just do worship and pray at home. Bessie was tired. I think the girls have been getting her up early. The Littles are always willing...they love Sunday school, although they haven't been having junior church and the girls get bored by the end of the service...thankfully Dan has nursery.

After lunch, Bessie and I got to work. I wanted to finish the preschool activities bags and Bessie worked on her Thanksgiving lapbook. We were both able to complete our projects. I'll post some pictures of Bessie's lapbook tomorrow.

I emptied the ashes out of the woodstove and got it going again. I let it go out lastnight because it has been getting warmer during the day, but it really got too cold in here lastnight. I could here the furnace going on way more than I like!

Bri called again and they arrived safe and sound. I can remember when he first started taking these trips, I wouldn't hear from him the whole time he was gone. Now, if he can get a line out, he can call everyday. It makes it so much nicer when we can hear his voice.

The Littles were thrilled when they saw our neighbor putting up his Christmas lights. They are so excited by the whole idea of Christmas, but they don't understand there is still a month to go. I try and show them on a calendar, but they do not have the concepts of days, weeks or months yet.

After the Littles were in bed, Bessie, Gabe and I watched old Superman cartoons.

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

We put a few packages under our tree tonight and our little guy thinks he gets to open them TOMORROW! Oh boy.. it's going to be a long month >VBG>

Lisa in Jax said...

Evie doesn't understand either. I'm hoping the Advent calendar will help, although it made things worse last year.lol

Jodi said...

Oh it is hard to wait or understand why you must when you're little! I just realised that my kids are pretty much past that stage. Tristan is the only one who seems to ask fom day to day ever since he started seeing Christmas decorations in stores.