
For Today...December 7, 2009
Outside My Window...all is still and dark. It is almost midnight. I'm just making it this week.
I am thinking...how much I enjoy TV some times. I do not watch a lot, but it can be so mindless and relaxing. Quite entertaining at times.I am thankful for...Mom and Dad. They are always so faithful to the family, always helping out and they are such wonderful people. I always enjoy their company.From the learning rooms...working on a lapbook of the 12 Days of Christmas.From the kitchen...baked chicken, noodles and broccoli tonight...yummy.On my mind...the weather and wondering if it will interfere with our plans for the next few days.I am creating...Christmas things...gifts and decorations.I am going...to work on the Christmas tablecloth...need to finish the embroidery.I am reading...nothing new this week...too many projects.I am wearing...long sweatshirt and lounge pants and can't forget the fuzzy socks.Pondering these words..."It's my duty to stand at the front of the line,
That separates you from the darkest of times.
No one had to ask or beg or implore me,
I'm proud to stand here like my fathers before me."
This is part of a poem I read recently. The men and women that are away from their families this Christmas season have been mightily on my heart this week. My heart aches for them and the sacrifice that they make and their families make so that we can enjoy the freedoms we do and the security here at home. And on this Pearl Harbor Day, I am remembering all the soldiers over the generations who have been willing to stand at the front of the lines for us.
I am hoping...that Hannah does well tomorrow at the orthodontists.I am hearing...the ticking of the clock. Very, very quiet tonight.Around the house....school books being sorted and organized for storage.One of my favorite things...accomplishing something that I have been putting off.Here is a picture I'd like to share...

Gabe and his pal, Ethan playing Mario Kart on the
Wii.
2 comments:
We don't have TV channels and this is the time of year I miss it! Enjoyed your daybook. Merry Christmas!
I don't have time for watching much TV either, but I did enjoy MONK. Now that it's over I'll go back to not watching anything (LOL).
Post a Comment