For Today...December 21, 2009
Outside My Window...dark and cold. The weather this week has been very cold. We missed the big storm that went off south of us. I was a bit disappointed, but I guess it would have made all of my last minute Chrsitmas preparations more difficult.
I am thinking...how much more I am enjoying Christmas this year. I am having fun shopping and planning all the little surprises for the family.
I am thankful for...our dear daughter Bessie. She does so much for us and for me in particular. She is very quick to pitch in and help out and often does little things (like make me a cuppa tea) that make my life sweeter. She is a tremendous blessing to our family.
From the learning rooms...our Christmas vacation has started and the "official" learning rooms are closed, but we all know so much learning happens everyday.
From the kitchen...all is quiet today. We are enjoying a wonderful smoked chicken that Wayne smoked up for us yesterday. Yummy!
On my mind...finishing up the last of our Christmas preparation and hoping to get the rest of our cards out at least before Christmas.
I am creating...still working on last minute Christmas projects
I am going...to watch two movies tonight...they need to go back to the library tomorrow.
I am reading...The Unfinished Gift by Dan Walsh.
I am wearing...jeans, a red long-sleeved shirt and a Christmas vest.
Pondering these words..."For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." Luke 2:11 Trying very hard to make sure I continuing to ponder these words throughout the Christmas season and beyond.
I am hoping...Brian makes it home tomorrow as scheduled
I am hearing...lots of little voices as the children head up to bed. They were enjoying watching old videos of Christmases past and doing a lot of laughing.
Around the house....bags and boxes hidden in closets...wrapping paper, ribbons, bows and tape, gingerbread houses adorning the kitchen table (Well, minus one that Gracie the dog helped herself to when I forgot to close the gate.)...the smell of seasonal candles...and nativities set up on many shelves and tables.
One of my favorite things...the sound of all the children laughing and enjoying being together.
Here is a picture I'd like to share...
Recently I spotted some Snow Geese flying with a large flock of Canada Geese. They are the ones that are white with black wingtips. I was driving and Bess took this picture out the window for me.
5 comments:
Thanks for sharing your daybook. I've enjoyed my visit. It's nice te see the Compassion button in your sidebar!
May you and your family have a Christmas filled with many blessings!
~Tamara
BranchOfWisdom.com
P.S. You are invited to drop by my blog on 12/27 and enter my New Year's Giveaway!
I love your daybook entries!
Merry Christmas and God's blessings on you and your family.
Happy New Year, Debbie! I hope you receive all the blessings you and your famiy deserves in the next year .
Tammy
And I also hope I learn to proofread in the next year! LOL
Post a Comment