Friday, January 01, 2010

Decorating the Tree

We had to squeeze in time to decorate the tree. There were so many activities and other commitments this year. We finally had a few hours on Sunday the 13th, after church and before the Cantata.

It is always so fun to pull out the ornaments and remember where we got them and who gave them to us. I am especially finding it fun to remember the wonderful ornaments I've gotten from my online friends at SHS and a few other groups. These ornaments have become so precious to me.

Brian and Gabe put on the lights. This was quite the ordeal this year, as we found several of the strings did not work. Thankfully, I had purchased a few sets on sale last year after Christmas. Of course I had to remember where I had put them...no easy task, but the sets were found the the lights were hung. Brian was still able to smile after it all.


Each child has their own set of ornaments. Each year we give them an ornament and sometimes they receive them from other people. Our tree was loaded this year with all the favorites. I am thinking we might have to add a second tree next year.



We drew names to decide who would put on the star...Bess won. It amazes me that she is now able to accomplish this on her own and to remember back to so many Christmases when she was little and Brian would hold her up to put on the star.

3 comments:

Linda said...

We now have three trees! They're all artificial. We started by adding one small (4') tree for the kids. After a few years and another child, we added a second small tree. So, now we have a girls' tree and a boys' tree. :)

berrypatch said...

I like the idea of drawing names for putting the star on. We have an angel & typically let the youngest do it...but....

Cynthia said...

Lovely tree! We used to have 3-4 trees in and about the house, but a few years ago I simplified and downsized to one. This year I was thinking we should maybe try a 2nd one again.