
For Today...January 18, 2010
Outside my window...dark...11:30, just making it this week. It has been warmer and we had some rain then snow overnight. The clouds blew away and the lovely blue sky came out.
I am thinking...that after a few weeks of a quieter schedule, we are right back into busyness. I am not loving this time when everyone seems to be going in different directions.
I am thankful for...our home. I often complain that it is too small, too cluttered, too old, but it is a lovely old house, with so much charm and character. A home that feels safe and secure even when our northeast weather howls outside. A home filled with so much history...160+ years of living and I'm sure dieing, but lots and lots of living. It is a nice house and it serves us well.
From the learning rooms...quiet today...we took the day off as Brian was home and the PS kids didn't have school.
From the kitchen...a wonderful roast with potatoes and veggies, cooked all day long in the crock-pot...it was yummy!
On my mind...that is feels good to be getting some projects done around the house. Bess was away this weekend, so Brian was able to strip the wallpaper and paint her room. We have wanted to do this for some time. We also got supplies for a couple of other projects that we hope to finish this week. We are trying to make the house work better for us.
I am creating...a cozy welcoming home...at least we are trying. There is much left to do, but I feel we are on our way. It has been awhile since I've felt comfortable having people over, except a few that I know will love us in spite of the mess. I want that to change. I don't want it perfect, just inviting, warm and welcoming. A place that people will feel at home and want to linger.
I am going...to try and not let the busyness of the week keep me from enjoying the calmer moments that do come along.
I am reading...my Bible. Not much time for anything else right now.
I am hoping...that our resolve to make a better home for our family and friends does not wane; that we are able to keep working on the goals we have set for this year.
I am hearing....quiet. The house is asleep...well, except for me, so I guess I do hear the hum of the computer and my typing.
Around the house...change. We moved a few rooms around today. There are clothes to sort.; choices to make on what to keep and what to let go of. I am leaning toward letting go of a lot more.
I'm Pondering...how me releasing my grip on many things, will allow me to see God's provision so much more clearly. How often has my inability to let things go kept me from receiving a blessing? I've been thinking a lot about this lately. I need to pray and trust that God will provide instead of thinking I need to do it on my own.
One of my favorite things...a snuggle with Brian while watching Doctor Who on the computer. I am loving Netflix.
Here is a picture I'd like to share
4 comments:
Debbie,
What types of changes are you making around the house? You know how I LOVE to talk about organizing and redoing >VBG>!
Many of the things we've done around our house have been very low cost and fun as we're creatively repurposed things to meet needs in other areas of the house! I'd sure love to hear some of the details and see some photos of what you're up to!
I love that photo! :-)
Debbie,
I don't think a person is ever done sorting, decluttering, organizing. You have five kids I have one and it is a full time job for me.
Tammy
I like the photo too. Hope the things you're changing around the house go well.
Post a Comment