This is the salad I brought to the mother/daughter dinner. It is very yummy and looks so nice.Ingredients
1 1/2 cups uncooked small shell macaroni
1 Tbs. vegetable oil
3 cups shredded lettuce
3 hard-cooked eggs, sliced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 cup julienned fully cooked ham
1 cup julienned hard salami
1 package (10 oz) frozen peas, thawed
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup chopped green onions
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 cup (4 oz) shredded Colby or Monterey Jack cheese
2 Tbs. minced fresh parsley
Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Drizzle with oil; toss to coat. Place the lettuce in a 2 1/2 qt. glass serving bowl; top with macaroni and eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer with ham, salami and peas. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream , green onions and mustard. Spread over the top. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese and parsley.
Yield: 10 servings
3 comments:
that looks yummy...though minus the onions (I'm allergic)...may have to try that sometime!
That looks fun! I've been meaning to do one of those for a while. I guess you need the right bowl or there's no point!
Dorothy
Oh yummy that looks good.
I think I will try making your recipe!
Laura
SHS
Post a Comment