Monday, May 14, 2007

Philippine Trip Album

A while back, I was discussing my options for keeping our photos and memories. This past week, I made my first step toward some type of order.

I had photos printed up from the trip that Brian and Bessie took last year to the Philippines to pick up the Littles. They had been sitting around for quite a while and I still had not done anything with them.

I found a photo album that someone had given us. Bessie and I sorted the photos and put them in order. I made a simple title sheet for the front. Brian had kept all the paperwork from the trip, so we also slipped in things like airline ticket stubs, store receipts and some PI money.

It went together very quickly and everyone has been enjoying looking through the album.

The journaling hasn't been done yet, as Brian was away. Hopefully soon we will be able to put in a few details to go with the pictures. This project is a great boost for me. I realize that I can get all our photos put in books so that we can enjoy them. I would still like to scrapbook some of them, but at least the pressure would be off if the photos were in albums.



5 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

What a precious keepsake this will be! I just posted about an album I worked on yesterday - looks like yours. ::snort::

Wow - you've posted a lot and I'm behind...fun reading ahead.

Debbie said...

I don't seem to have as much time on a daily basis, so I end up clumping posts all in one day!

Kristine said...

What a fun project for Bess to see this year too, remembering the excitement and joy of being able to go with Bri last year to bring home Rachel, Dan and Hannah.

Cynthia said...

FUN FUN! I plan to get my albums caught up this summer. I'm actually in the process of writing up the details of some blogoshpere scrapbooking contests I plan to host! Stay tuned for the details.

berrypatch said...

That looks like it worked out great, Deb!!! I'm making my style simpler as I go as well.

Lisa