
One of my cyber pals, De'Etta, is hosting a Summer Reading Challenge on her blog. This is a fun relaxed reading challenge for those of us that love to read!
My summer goal is to read everyday. I have quite a stack of non-fiction and this is a tougher pile for me to tackle, but I hope to get a good portion of them read. Summer is a very relaxed time of year for us. We do a very light school schedule, spend a lot of time outside and in the pool. I should be able to do some reading everyday and more on days when the kids are swimming.
Here is my list:
(Books in progress are red, finished books will be crossed off and links provided if reviewed.)
Fiction
The Merchant of Menace - Jill Churchill review
A Groom with a View - Jill Churchill
Mulch Ado About Nothing - Jill Churchill
My summer goal is to read everyday. I have quite a stack of non-fiction and this is a tougher pile for me to tackle, but I hope to get a good portion of them read. Summer is a very relaxed time of year for us. We do a very light school schedule, spend a lot of time outside and in the pool. I should be able to do some reading everyday and more on days when the kids are swimming.
Here is my list:
(Books in progress are red, finished books will be crossed off and links provided if reviewed.)
Fiction
The House of Seven Mabels - Jill Churchill
Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Crime - Tamar Myers
Design for Murder - Carolyn G. Hart
The Yada Yada Prayer Group Gets Rolling - Neta Jackson
The Good Husband of Zebra Drive - Alexander M. Smith
Summer Garden Murder - Ann Ripley
Mrs. Pollifax, Innocent Tourist - Dorothy Gilman
Family/Parenting/Homeschooling
Ministry of Motherhood - Sally Clarkson
Making Children Mind without Losing Yours - Dr. Kevin Leman
The Socialization Trap - Rick Boyer
Making Brothers and Sisters Best Friends - Sarah, Stephen, and Grace Mally
Families Where Grace Is In Place - Jeff VanVonderen
Grace Based Parenting - Dr. Tim Kimmel
Biographies
The Cost of Discipleship - Bonhoeffer
Oswald Chambers Abandoned To God - David McCasland
Christian Living
Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World - Joanna Weaver
Calm My Anxious Heart - Linda Dillow
Margin - Richard A. Swenson, M.D.
Other non-fiction
7 comments:
Oh you are in for some GOOD reading. I see some of my favorites on your list.
HOW did you get the graphic to your side bar? It simply won't load for me.
De'Etta, I have a ton more non-fiction type books that I want to read. I sort of collect these types of books, but don't always take the time to read them. Hopefully I'll get some done with the challenge. :-)
As far as the graphic....I load all my sidebar things in the edit mode, but as html not picture. Not sure if that is very clear.
Okay - you have to share you you figured out how to do the strike-through text!!!! :-) ~Lisa
You all are killing me here. I can't bring myself to this challenge! I'd be too overwhelmed. :)
I'll be waiting eagerly for your review of the Mally kids' book. I've considered it several times in the past . . .
Looks like a fun list! I've added Tale of Hilltop Farm to my list after seeing it on yours!
Those Churchill books look very interesting. I'm anxious for a review by you. Blessings...
Ellen, I've added a link to my review of the Churchill series. I enjoy them very much. They are fun.
Post a Comment