We picked up Ethan, one of the boys in Gabe's class to go along with us as his family wasn't going to be attending. Ethan and Gabe had a great time.
Here they are playing with a giant sized Lite Brite. I couldn't get it in a picture, but one of the highlights for the boys was a large light wall. It was heat sensitive, so when you moved your arm along the wall, it would change color, like a mood ring. We spent a lot of time hanging out by the wall. At one point, the graphic changed to the solar system with all the planets bouncing around and as you moved your arm or hand toward one of the planets, it would bounce up like a ping-pong ball...very fun.
They had a nature demonstration. The kids got to hear about several animals and touch them.
The snake was a hit with our crew.
Another fun exhibit was a green screen set up like a weather station. There was a tele-prompter and you could pick what type of weather you wanted to report on and then it recorded you and you could watch it playback.Gabe and Ethan really enjoyed this.
Bess got into the act and did a great stereotypical weather girl impression. She hammed it up big time and had us all in tears from laughing. And yes, she is on her knees...these exhibits are made for much younger children.
Here is her recording, well a picture of it. I wish I would have thought to put the camera on video. It was very funny. Gabe was playing her assistant, being blown around by the stormy blizzard in the background.
Checking out the battery and light bulb table.
Finding out about the head waters of the Hudson.
Playing in a dugout canoe.
The last thing we did was see a dome show in their planetarium. That was really fun and is similar to an IMAX experience. We got to lay down on the floor and with the dome over us, they played this great movie on astronauts.
It is times like this that I really miss having all the children at home. I think next time we go on a field trip, I'll let the public school children have the day off from school to join us.
4 comments:
Bess looks beautiful and would make a great weather presenter, I am sure!
Looks like a GREAT field trip. We have some friends who used to let their ps kids out of school to come to co-op. I'm not sure how the ps agreed to go along with that every Monday scenario, but they did....
What a fun day!
Cynthia, I talked to one of the kids teachers about that and she said they would not have a problem with the kids missing school for an "education" trip. LOL
Post a Comment