
For Today...November 9, 2009
Outside My Window...it's dark. The night falls so early this time of year. The amazing thing is that is it is still 60 degrees.
I am thinking...how much I miss Brian when he is away.I am thankful for...men and women who give up so many of the things we take for granted to serve the Lord as missionaries. They humble me.
From the learning rooms...lots of basics...grammar, writing and math facts.From the kitchen...chicken pot pie, a new recipe, it was yummy.I am wearing...a black and white striped shirt and black pants.I am creating...a sport themed cross stitch block.I am going...to work on getting my block done. I am always behind my deadlines.I am reading...Open Heart, Open Home by Karen Burton Mains.I am hoping...that God continues to nudge me in areas that need nudging and that I might act accordingly.I am hearing...Bess and Gabe downstairs. I think they are getting ice cream. The water running in the tub...a nice bubble bath is calling me.Around the house....baskets of folded laundry needing to be put away...a school project waiting to be completed...one more box of apples waiting for...applesauce, apple butter, pies?
One of my favorite things...an unexpected warm day in November.A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...ortho appointments, boys club, piano lesson, youth group, night class, parent-teacher conference, celebrating Veterans Day.Here is a picture I'd like to share...
5 comments:
I enjoyed reading your daybook. We are having a wonderful fall day here. It is warm enough to open the windows and let the breeze blow in. Delightful! All the apple fixings sound great. Hope you have a wonderful, blessed day.
Oh, what IS that picture of? A mushroom?
Chicken pot pies sounds great. The book you are reading sounds like a good read. I hope you have a great week. Doylene
I hope you post the recipe. I'm still looking for a yummy chicken pot pie. And, I LOVE the new background! It reminds me of a scrapbook page.
Deb, I love the new look. I need your help. I can't get my header to behave. It looks "ok" on the laptop and doesn't fit when I view it on any of our desktops. Would you mind emailing me the code....dimensions for your header? I've wasted too much time trying to make this "right". LOL
Post a Comment