Thursday, September 09, 2010

An Afternoon Stroll

Gabe and I are slowly settling into our fall school schedule. I still have some material to order and we are setting up a more permanent school area. For us, getting into a new routine is the toughest part. Both he and I tend to live life as it comes, going with the flow as it were. That doesn't always work so well for getting a lot accomplished. We are trying to find a balance; getting things done and still enjoying the days as they unfold.

We both enjoy walking and this week we are getting back into our daily (most days) walk. This is a great time to get out, exercise for us and the dog, talk, enjoy nature and take a break from the books.

There is always so much to see along the way. We pick different routes, all are pretty, most end up on dirt roads, with plenty of fields and woods to enjoy.

Fall is most definitely visible in the plants along the way, Asters, Sumac, grasses and sedges.

Gabe and I have always had a very special relationship. I suppose most parents have one child that they just "click" with. He and I have a lot of similar interests. Our relationship is easy and comfortable. He loves to chat as we walk and I don't mind. Today we talked, among other things, about each of our expectations for the coming year. We are both of similar mind in how we would like this year to go.

It was an extremely pleasant walk today, great company and great conversation.

Thanks, Gabe! :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Debbie, he is looking like a young man!

I have missed your blogging. I'm glad to see you back. :)

Cynthia said...

Again, I LOVE the photos and pray you have an awesome year homeschooling Gabe! Just think of all the delight-directed learning you can enjoy :)