Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Orthodontics Anyone?

Gabe went for his initial orthodontic visit. I knew he was going to have some of the same issues as Bess, namely a very small mouth and crowding. He also has a significant overbite and asymmetry. So, we are in for more orthodontic work.

Bess has completed her treatment except for follow-ups and her teeth look terrific. Hannah's work will take several more years to complete. The doctor says Gabe's treatment will take about 2.5 years, which will have him all done by age 14.

I wasn't sure how Gabe would take it all, but he seemed fine with the idea. He wasn't nervous at all and tolerated all the pictures and x-rays well. He thinks it is pretty cool that his expansion device will have little hydraulics on it.


We really like our orthodontist. He and his staff are friendly and kind. I have complete confidence in what he recommends. I also love their offices, which are on the 6th floor of the building. There are wonderful big windows with a gorgeous view of the Hudson River.

I'm really hoping that Rachel and Dan will not need any work.

3 comments:

Liz Tolsma said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous view. I'd like going to the orthodontist, too, if I could look at that all the time. Brian just has one more visit, a year from now. His teeth look wonderful. Alyssa has a crowded mouth and will start soon. And what can I say about Jonalyn. With her little itty bitty head, she's going to need mucho orthodontic work. $$$$ But when you see their smiles in the end, it's worth it.

Unknown said...

Wow, what a view!! I agree with Liz.

Chris nor I have had braces, though the orthodontist says Chris needs them (that'll have to wait). So, I don't know how Kati's and Eli's teeth will turn out, but Levi has a very small mouth. Maybe room for one more set of molars (he's not yet 3), so I am certain that we'll be takin that road in the future as well.

Cynthia said...

I noticed the nice view in that top picture! It's great that you have such a wonderful orthodontist. We've been blessed that way as well and we're pretty fond of the technician at our orthodontist's office (LOL). Our oldest dd, Amanda, is our tech incase you didn't know that.