Saturday, September 04, 2010

Cool Down

It was quite hot and very humid at the fair. When we got home, we took a wonderfully refreshing swim in the pool. Nothing beats the total cool down that is provided by the pool.

I usually just grab a noodle and float around, but Bri and the kids have a rousing time of splashing and play. Brian and I played "toss the children" for a bit. A couple of them are almost getting too big. Not sure whether we will be able to toss them quite so far next summer.

Look at that red hot, steamy sky. The end to another wonderful summer day.

6 comments:

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Ooooh, your pool looks amazing!

berrypatch said...

This past week makes me really wish we had a pool. Actually, this whole SUMMER makes me wish that! ;-)

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

How long do you think you'll still have summer days? Is your fall very short? I'm trying to figure out our seasons and I think we're near the same latitude as you. LOL

I figure our fall must be very short as I remember snow by the end of OCT/Nov and it's still hot and humid now. LOL

momma24 said...

What a great day! I am jealous of your pool! It looks amazing!

Debbie said...

De'Etta, the line between summer and fall can be a very vague one here. Usually, we say from about Mother's day (mid-May) to Labor Day is summer, although sometimes summer doesn't seem to want to start until after Memorial Day. Labor Day really is the end of most of our hot humid weather. It can be quite dramatic like this year, with hot days in the 90s and humid and overnight, down into the 70s and clear. We will still get hot days, in the 80s but the humidity very rarely returns this late and the nights get quite cool, 40s and even high 30s. As for the snow, we say pretty much anytime end of October on. So, I guess our fall is about two months, Sept and Oct. Winter is by far our longest season. Hope the weather breaks for you soon.

Laura said...

Your pool looks like SO much fun!!!