Saturday, March 17, 2007

Rerun

Another major snowstorm hit us overnight leaving us with about 15" of snow. After our 70 degree weather on Wednesday, this was a bit disappointing. Oh well, it is only March. We often get large storms in March, but the snow doesn't usually last for long.
Our backyard
The fence behind part of my perennial garden
The kids are enjoying the new snow
Gabe being goofy, or is he pretending to be an Ostrich?

Brian spent quite a bit of time this morning cleaning up the driveway and making paths out to the woodpile, chicken coop and bird feeders and of course, making paths for Gracie the dog.

The kids had fun playing out in the new snow. The sledding wasn't as good because of the water at the bottom of the hill. Even though it is cold, there is a little trickle of water running under the snow at the bottom of the hill and it makes a mess.

It is almost 7pm and it is snowing again. The weather people are saying we will get a backlash from the storm and may get 3-4 more inches of snow.

Come on spring!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh th difference seems even more pronaounced at your house where you got more snow and had more snowless ground to start with.

Spring will come, spring will come!

Linda said...

Oh my! And here, in the middle of the country, the weather's been GORGEOUS (go read my blog entry for today and see what I mean!)

But you know what...I miss having tons of snow like that. I don't miss driving in it, cleaning cars, the mud, the muck, chillblains and frostbite, but I do miss snow, skiing, making snow angels, and staying out till dark, or till nature called (and waiting till the very last minute, too!) Oh, to be a child again!

Unknown said...

Oh, wow! That's a lot of snow! It makes me shiver to look at it! But in the summer when we are melting with 100°+ temperatures and 100% humidity, your temperatures will be much nicer and I'll come visit!

Diann said...

Wow! It's so funny because we are having unusual 80 degree weather (record breaking temperatures) and I keep thinking that it is going to get cold again before spring really shows up. Winter coats over Easter dresses are often the norm here. I would love for it to stay nice. 60s predicted today here, but I looove those temperatures! Have fun in your snow.