Monday, March 05, 2007

Routine and Doctors

We have settled into a pretty good routine with our morning school work. We don't always get to history and science after lunch, but at least we are get the basics in. This year, I am happy with that.

Our main challenge has been Dan, who is so active and hard to keep occupied and out of trouble. I finally realized that I needed to keep him with me if I wanted to get anything done, so each morning, he picks out a few things he wants to play with and stays in the kitchen with me as I work and help the other kids with their work. He seems to enjoy this time and does quite well. I would like to work up special "school time" boxes for him with toys that are only used during our school time. This hasn't happened yet, but Bessie and I are brainstorming.

Dan picked the play food and dishes today
Gabe works on telling time


After lunch, Hannah, Gabe and I headed to the pediatricians office. Hannah here well visit appointment. She did great, well until she needed to get a shot, but that doesn't count in my book. She was cooperative, didn't fuss and was pronounced very healthy.

I'm going to be brave!
The kids played outside for an hour late afternoon, despite the tremendous winds and rolling snow squalls. Hannah couldn't wait to try out her new purple snowsuit. They had a blast outside and were reluctant to come in for dinner.

1 comment:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Way to go BRAVE HANNAH! I'm proud of you.