Saturday, March 03, 2007

Today was a typical Saturday for us, when Brian is working. We had a lazy, quiet morning. Bessie made pancakes for breakfast. We read, played on the computer, lounged with cups of tea and played.

After lunch we headed to the library. Bessie had some CDs waiting and I wanted to pick up a couple more books on CD. I've just started listening to books while I stitch and I am enjoying this very much.

The kids enjoy the Children's Room

It had been raining or snowing on and off all morning and was very wet outside. I suppose I should have booted everyone out anyway, but I just couldn't bring myself to think about all the terribly wet, dirty snow clothes that would result, especially after Hannah proclaimed she wanted to roll in the puddles.
Everyone was quite pleased with their treasures from the library anyway and we settled into a nice afternoon.

Rachel dreaming of sunnier weather perhaps?
We all watched Jumanji. This is such a fun movie. The Littles were a bit nervous in a few areas, but cuddles on the couch took care of that and those few scenes are short. The kids got a huge kick out of the sillier scenes...stampeding animals and rushing rivers down the street.

Everyone wants to be on mom's lap
We had a light dinner after Brian came home, showers for everyone and a quiet evening.

6 comments:

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

What a fantastic day! I love today's photos.

Your new spring look on the blog is great...I should probably think about a seasonal lightening...nah....maybe not. LOL

Kristine said...

I love the new colors on your blog, Debbie. They instantly make me think of spring! Rachel definitely has the right idea . . .

Jodi said...

I love all your new spring accents. Sounds like a fun library day. Love the picture of you all on the couch! Now sure if we've watched that movie before. I'll rent it, sounds like a good one.

Diann said...

I love listening to books as well. It makes my cleaning, working out, etc. go by so much faster. I got an iPod a few years ago so it is easier to have some portability in doing those tasks. I just know that in my entire lifetime, I will not get to read all the books I want to, so I figure this is a good way to supplement.

I do love your spring colors as well!

Diann

praisemusicmom said...

I never thought about listening to books on CD while I'm crafting! I always opt for old movies, but then I end up with my eyes on the screen instead of my stitching. What a great idea, Debbie!

Cynthia said...

I also like the spring things you've added to your blog. Isn't it fun to have a pile of kids on your lap? Mine were all too far apart to have a pile of them climbing on me at one time.