Fresh Corn Chowder
Ingredients
1 Tbs. butter
1 small onion chopped
1/4 cup diced carrots
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped red and green peppers
2 Tbs. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 14 oz. can chicken broth
1 cup fresh or frozen corn
3/4 cup cream
1 cup milk
Directions
Melt butter in a heavy saucepan. Saute onion, carrots, celery, and red and green peppers. Set aside. Mix flour, salt, pepper and chicken broth together. Add to vegetables and bring to a boil. If using fresh corn, cook on the cob and drain. Slice off the cob. Add fresh or frozen corn, cream and milk to soup mixture. Heat thoroughly without boiling. Simmer until ready to serve. Makes about 6 servings.
My notes:
I doubled this recipe for our family of seven. It was enough, with a little to spare, but if you had seven or more good eaters, I would triple it. I added a bit more of the vegetables and used less salt. I only had green peppers and it tasted great, but would have been more colorful if I had added red.
8 comments:
Great job getting corn from your garden! We have tried half a dozen times and were sucessful only once..and it's not this year!
Looks YUMMY!
Looks Deeeelicious! :))
I'll have to save this recipe!
Thanks!
Susan in Va
That looks delicious! Glad to see everyone getting into the school routine and making progress. One day at a time, eh? :)
Do you have your adoption story posted somewhere? I am adopting from the Philippines and am looking for folks who are Christian, homeschool, and adopted sibling groups. (I am also new to this blog stuff.)
Mmmm Mmmmm!
It looks pretty and sounds delicious!
Oh, it looks GREAT!! Now if only the temps would be below 70 during the day!!!!
LOL. Does that make you want to move here? I'm LOVING this incredible weather!
I love chowder! This looks fantastic!
Post a Comment