Monday, September 24, 2007

Friday

Brian was home today. It is always fun having dad home on a weekday. He was still recovering from his jet-lag, so we had an easy day.

He puttered around doing small jobs...working in the garden, rewiring the electric line out to the chicken coop and putting an GFI outlet behind my garden pond.

The kids and I had a light day of school and spent time hanging out with Bri.

Later in the afternoon we decided to do a geocache. There was one left at a local reservoir that we hadn't done yet. We packed up water bottles and snacks and headed out. It was a beautiful day and the trail to the cache was lovely. We all enjoy hiking and being in the woods and it is a wonderful way for the kids to get use up some of their energy!

Gabe was manning the GPSer, so we had a bit more trouble than usual. He hasn't quite figured out what all the numbers mean and he moves around so much that often the needle gets twisted around. I think it is time for us to invest in another unit. Once he decided one of the adults should read the info, we found it with little trouble.

This caches in interesting, a long tube down in the stump of the large tree. There was not a lot of trading items, but we added a few things to sweeten the pot for the next person.

Gabe retrieving the cache
(I'm sure glad he doesn't mind sticking his hand
down those dark holes!)

Success!

Bess logging our visit

The look of fall

I had put the fixins' for pizza dough into the bread machine before we left and it was ready when we got home. A few minutes of setting it up and we had pizza for dinner.

After dinner, the kids had fun with scissors, glue, yarn and lots of imagination.

Gabe made a crocodile and a bunny mask

The bunny and the cat (Rachel)

Bess made this interesting two-tone mask

Dan just enjoys cutting up magazines


3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Cute face masks! I hope to get out and find a few more caches before winter hits around here.

We have 2 GPS units and it's PERFECT for our size family. Everyone gets a turn with 2 of them. I almost sold our 2nd one a year ago and now I'm really glad we kept it!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Those are COOL masks. Great imaginations.

It looks like a perfect day....love the lake photo...and the arm down the tree thing. LOL

Jodi said...

What great masks, good job kids!