We are doing well, and enjoying the sunshine and blue skies and as always getting done more than we think. I will continue to plan and organize and we will get to the "full day" part sooner or later.
Gabe spent quite a bit of time today playing Zoo Tycoon. This game continues to entertain us. We found an online site that has a lot of extra downloads for the game...animals, fences, plants, etc. Gabe is working on one of the harder challenges and added a lot of these new items today. He had so much fun.
Darth Gabe
We spent several hours outside enjoying the warm sun. We got a call from Bri. He is doing well, but missing us.
Gabe and Bess

We picked up after dinner and had a quiet evening.
5 comments:
Thanks again for the pics, it helps when I'm not there,Bri,aka,daddy
Love that Got Jesus shirt - too cute! I know you are missing Brian. I wouldn't worry about starting school (or having full days) but then you know what I feel about the subject. :)
If the weather is nice - get out and enjoy it. Read and do what you can.
You'll have to pass along that Zoo Tycoon site. My kids haven't played it in a long time and some add ons might stir up the fun again.
I just wanted to thank you, Debbie, for reading and commenting so faithfully on my blog. You are a constant source of encouragement to me!!
Duckabush Blog
We too haven't seemed to get any full days in yet (well sometimes full but not everything done!) and I don't even have the excuse of a DH away.
I do think enjoying the good weather while it lasts is the best idea, soon it will be winter.
I will comment to your comment on my blog but in case you don't check back. Rainbow science is for middle school/Jr. High level or about 12-14. If Gabe is science minded (like he seems to be) he would probably enjoy it sooner. I mainly got it for Trevor and Hayley (11 and 13) but the younger boys don't want to be left out! I imagine I will have to go through it again with them when they are slightly older but they are enjoying the experiments now. It helps that the equipment kit looks like a toy set to them. LOL Plus they just plain love science. I don't think they listen to the entire text as I read it but it's not that long either and the author seems to enjoy being jokey in his writng.
If it helps, you are not the only one taking school slowly so far!
We used to count Zoo Tycoon as a nice supplement to math (logical thinking), until Trevor began seeing how many people he could feed to dinosaurs, etc., lol.
Jodi, thanks for the info on Rainbow...I'll keep it in mind for a few years down the road.
Kathy, I love your blog and reading and commenting is a pleasure on my part. I'm glad I encourage your writing. I'll find the website and send it to you.
Kristine, Gabe does the same thing with ZT...if he gets bored he builds lots of pens and fills them full of animals and then breaks the walls down. He has also done a bit of research...he has discovered that the sharks will not eat the woman/girl guests but only the men/boy guests. I'm not sure how he finds these things out!
Post a Comment