Friday, February 15, 2008

Crystal Landscape

Valentine's morning started out gray and cloudy, but the clouds pushed away and the sun came out, leaving a spectacular landscape of snow and ice. It was gorgeous. My photos don't do it justice, but it was like a landscape of diamonds.

I'm still working on this paper technique for close ups. I think these came out a bit better than last week.


7 comments:

Laura said...

Debbie -
Your pictures are stunning!!

Anonymous said...

Hi MAMA!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Great photos. I find myself missing winter and then thinking "well there ARE great advantages to being in a more moderate climate." LOL

Romany said...

Beautiful photos!

Jodi said...

You're a wonderful winter photographer, very nice.

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS! I can honestly say I've never seen anything like it! I'd like to, though. But while inside, looking out a window, with a roaring fire nearby and a cup of something hot steaming in my hand!

Kristine said...

The blue background is just stunning!

I look forward to working with the backdrop more too. My "black" didn't come out very dark, but I use Picasa and just added in more shadow. I'd like to try a different background where the "true" color might not matter as much, such as red, green, blue. And I've found that my bathroom counter works well as a backdrop for SMALL things because I can intensify the highlights, and the white countertop disappears into the photo.