Monday, February 11, 2008

Icy Snow Storm

A day after the foggy lake picture, we had a ice/snow storm come through. It started out with quite a bit of freezing rain that coated everything with a thick layer of ice; then it turned over to snow leaving a nice white blanket behind. It is nice to have everything looking white and "clean" again.


I took these pictures using a technique that I read about on Kristine's blog.

I liked how these came out, but learned a few things. One, I need a much bigger piece of paper and two, it would probably help to wait until after the storm as my piece of paper got flecked with snow, which melted and left water streaks.



3 comments:

Romany said...

Very pretty!

Michele said...

What fantastic pictures!

Kristine said...

We had the same problem, with the melting snow making drip marks on our paper. :) Cindy suggested painting a piece of plywood black, or using posterboard. I just had 9x11 construction paper.