This is as very nice
Buddleia called "Santana". I love the
variegated leaves.

The Naked Ladies have bloomed. This plant is very interesting in that the leaves come up in the spring, die back and then the flowers come up on long stems in the late summer. I often don't even notice them until the flowers open.


We had a nice crop of plums on one of our plum trees this summer. Not a ton, maybe 20 or so, but they were very sweet. We are hoping to start a small orchard next summer and add more fruit trees and bushes.

12 comments:
You have some really lovely gardens, Deb. I always love coming to see the photos.
Last time I had naked ladies in the garden I was living on a commune. Looking back that might have been the reason I got into gardening in the first place :)
Very funny, Wise...love your sense of humor.
Love the flower pics!
Those plums look delicious! I haven't seen butterfly bushes with variegated leaves; very pretty.
I'm staring at those photos, wondering WHY these flowers are called Naked Ladies!
If you like fruit and plan on having an orchard then I think its something that should be started sooner rather than later as it will take time to mature. To often I find that people leave it until the last but really anything to do with trees should be one of the first as they need the time to grow. Rob.
Do you get lots of butterflies on your Buddleia? Your flowers are beautiful and those plums look delicious!
Hi Debbie,
I enjoyed seeing your corn and arbor garden. The picture of the plum looks delish.
An orchard sounds like a great goal. Our son lives on 20 acres and has been working towards having a huge variety of fruit and nut trees.
hugs!
Very nice, I love your garden pictures.
Oh those plums look heavenly.
i hope your orchard grows well.
I wanted to share with you that Martha is having a blog contest. Perhaps you'd like to join in!
You can read about it HEREand post a comment.
Have fun!
~~Becky
beautiful plum, it looks delicious!
i love the santana.
Post a Comment