Monday, September 01, 2008

Soccer season started last week. Some nights Brian is available and if not, Bessie is willing to watch some of the kids at home so I can take whichever child has practice. Last Saturday, Brian was away and Bessie was at a friend's birthday party.

It isn't always fun for the ones not playing to sit around for 1.5 hours while the soccer player practices. Thankfully for me, it was Rachel who had the practice. She is old enough to stay without me hanging around. I cleared it with the coach (most parents do not stay) and I took the other kids up the road to the playground at the school. I parked myself on a bench with my stitching and Gabe, Hannah and Dan had a ball. Perfect solution for all.







5 comments:

Laura said...

What adorable photos! :)

berrypatch said...

Our soccer season starts tonight. I have been told J & N will have practice together - Yeah! B isn't playing this year so he may actually help with J's practices. So it all begins again. ;-)

Jodi said...

Great solution, a playground is way better than sitting around!

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

Nolan wanted to do soccer but I missed the start of the season...so we'll look at spring time.

Looks like a great playground!

Cynthia said...

It's also been a challenge for us to find things for our youngest to do during some of the fb practices. Thankfully he's happy with just a frisbee or ball in his hand.