By standards of large state fairs, this is probably pretty small, but it is more than enough for us to have a great day out.
We like to go on the Friday of fair week as this is the day they hold the tractor pulls. Now, if you have never watched a tractor pull, you don't know what you are missing. We are not talking your run of the mill tractors here, but supped up, high powered, multi-engine tractors. What noise and action. I just love the tractor pulls. The kids tolerate mom loving the tractor pulls. I told Brian I wanted him to build me one so I could drive it. What a rush that would be.
Earplugs worn by all...very loud




We hit all the animal barns. All the barns have little areas where the 4-H families hang out. The kids each keeping their animals clean and the barn smelling sweet. No stinky barns here.
Or course there are the produce sheds. I think this pumpkin weighted a lot more than Dan.
We had fried dough for a snack and later dinner at the international building. Yum!
Brian always enjoys the old engine displays.

There were a lot of new things at the fair this year, including a lion and tiger show. The animals where beautiful and the trainer/owners were funny and very entertaining.
At the conservation shed, they had a wonderful birds of prey show this year. The handler had some magnificent owls, hawks and falcons.
One of the last shows we watched was an alligator show. The man and woman team were very fun, almost slapstick, but you could tell that their main focus was on educating people about alligators.
The motorcycle trick riders were also new this year. They were very fun to watch. Bessie asked if she could try this. I'm thinking probably not, Bess.

One last shot as we headed out the gate. What a fun day.

9 comments:
Oh Debbie - it looks like you had a WONDERFUL day at the fair! Your county fair looks WAAAYYYY bigger than our county fair. In fact, I recognized a couple things that we have had at our state fair in recent years... the alligator guy and the lion/tiger show. It looks like you had a ton of stuff to enjoy. How fun!!! Did you think of "Jill" at the fair? :)
Laura, the fair is fun. I have never been to another, so I have no idea how big or small the fair is. It is a very old fair, this was the 190th year.
I really love the "Jill" poem and would love to memorize it. I am terrible at memorizing things...always have been...short term, great, but not long term. I might just give it a try though. It is very fun!
Oh THAT's what a tractor pull is? I imagined strong men pulling tractors...
LOL about Dorothy's comment. Isn't it fun to see the differences in cultures. You should come out here if you want to drive big things. We have LOTS of big things that make noise!
That looks like our Inter-State Fair and Rodeo. Tractor pull and the motorcycle guys were at ours also. Glad you had a good time.
Tammy
This looks like such a fun day. That pumpkin is truly spectacular. They had giant ones in AK because of the 23 hour sun in the summer...but most things won't grow. LOL At least mine never did...but I do have the black thumb of death...hmmm....
Woah Bessie the daredevil, that looks dangerous!
What a fun fair, quite a lot of variety to see and do.
I'm so glad YOU all saw the sights at the fair (including the animals). Ha! Did you see my friend Michelle went back and left a comment "defending my honor" and explaining last year we hit ALL the exhibits but were rushed this year?
Maybe we need a day for the side events and a day for hitting the rides. Two days at the fair. I don't think I could handle it. :)
Such funny pics of a perfect county fair--the pumpkins, the tractors, and such cool shots of the motocross guys! (One of the only two Playstation games I can play is a dirtbike/race game. :) )
Post a Comment