Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Late Summer Sun

What a run of glorious late summer weather we have been having. It has been warm in the day and cool at night with beautiful blue skies and lots of sun.

The pool temperature is holding in the 70s, which is warm enough for us if the sun is warm. The kids have been swimming almost everyday.

One day last week, Brian and I joined the kids and this always means lots of "tossing the kids" fun.

Even Dan is game for a few tosses. We don't throw him very high.

Soon enough, the weather will get cooler and then the pool will get too cold and we will close it up for the season, but for now, we are thrilled that the weather has been so nice.

15 comments:

Mary said...

Oh, gosh. Debbie, you have made me melancholy here. Treasure those memories of pool fun!!!!

My daughter was a competitive swimmer from 4th grade through college. I spent 18 years on a pool deck - indoors and outdoors. Yeah, it got old, but is miss the smell of chlorine and all the fun we had!

I love this post.

Enjoy what's left of the balmy breezes with your family.

Mary

Laura said...

This just looks like so much fun!

My Blessings From Above said...

We're missing the pool here in NJ. Our community pool closed on Labor day. Last week we were vacationing at the Jersey shore and our motel had a pool we had so much fun!
Michele

Susie said...

Hi Debbie,
Looks like great family fun. Sept is often our nicest month here, with warm days and cool nights.
I also enjoyed your day at the fair post. You are making some wonderful family memories for your children.
((hugs))

Romany said...

Oh you do look like you are making the most of the season!{g}

Did you guys ever get away on your vacation this year?

Cynthia said...

What fun! I think we took ours down prematurely. It was cold and rainy for a few weeks now it's warmed up again. 86 yesterday and we had to turn the a/c back on.

DeEtta @ Courageous Joy said...

WooHOO - what fun! I love the photos of your flying children!

Anonymous said...

Oh that does look like fun, swimming in the wonderful water!

Yes i am back blogging for awhile . . . summer has been sooooo very busy.

Keep having fun!
Becky

Jodi said...

I'm glad you're getting some time in the pool before it gets too cold. Looks like a FUN day!

Robin's Nesting Place said...

I'm sure with all that swimming your children are probably ready to go to sleep at night. Glad you all are having fun!

Tiffany said...

TOO fun! :) I'm sure Dan will be up for being thrown up even higher next year!

Cynthia said...

We're debating the pool idea again. Dh thinks 3 months isn't worth it. I need to let him know that you're still using yours! If we could eek 5 months out of it that would be great.

Debbie said...

Cynthia, it is a tough decision. I think with a little work, you could add most of May and Sept out of your pool season. Your weather seems to warm up quicker and get hotter in May than ours. Brian has been wanting to add some type of heater to our pool, either solar or a wood-fired one to give us that little boost we need to open the pool sooner and keep it open longer.

Lisa in Jax said...

What fun! We've already decided it's too cold to go swimming down here. snort.lol

Kristine said...

Hah, what GREAT photos of the kids "being tossed"!!