After the furious rain overnight, the skies were still gray and threatening rain. It was decided to venture into Boothbay Harbor and hit a few of the shops we enjoy. There is a great bookstore downtown that sells great toys, gifts and of course, books. Bessie also has a favorite clothing boutique. Being so late in the season, the boutique had everything hugely discounted. Bessie found a great skirt of $10.
Between rain showers, we took a walk out on the boardwalk the crosses Boothbay Harbor. We chatted with the local Methodist minister who was out walking her dog.

We stopped for take out on the way back to the camper and had a nice evening reading and playing games. This is one of the things I enjoy most about camping, the slower pace and family togetherness.
2 comments:
If I remember right, this is where we first met in person right? Taking a walk on the boardwalk in Boothbay?
Lisa, I'm pretty sure it was in Rockport or maybe Rockland. It was not Boothbay, but I can't remember which of the "rocks" it was. I remember that day very well...the start of a terrific friendship. :-)
Post a Comment