Bessie is a tremendous joy to me and to our family. She is thoughtful and helpful, always pitching in with chores, cooking or helping with the younger crowd. In this day and age where you hear so many negative things about "teenagers", I am so proud that Bessie exemplifies being a responsible young adult.
She is fun and often funny, adventurous and a bit daring. Qualities I envy. She strives to love the Lord with all her heart and to listen to His urgings. I enjoy spending time with her, we garden and stitch together, enjoy the same books and watch the same movies. I am so proud to be her mom and most of the time her friend.
She is quick to point out that she is not perfect and no I suppose she is not, but I sure wish I was as mature at 16, as she is, especially spiritually.
So, Happy Birthday, our baby girl, we love you!




10 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BESS!
Dorothy and Grace
Happy Birthday, Bess!! Oh to be 16 again!
Happy B-day! It's been fun knowing your family long enough to remember Bess from a few years ago. It is hard to believe how fast they grow up! Our 2nd will be 16 in Feb... sigh..
Happy Birthday, Bessie!
Happy, Happy, HAPPY birthday, Bess!!! ;-)
Happy Birthday, Bessie! That cake looks delicious! What kind is it? It looks like a gooey delicious conglomerate of all things rich and wonderful! :)
Sweet 16. Happy Birthday Bessie.
My 3 girls are now well past that age thank goodness :)
Happy LATE Birthday, Bess.
Debbie - that mixed feeling thing you describe - is the "bitter sweet" that I talk about and it seems to me that from 16 on the girls (hmmmm Josiah now too) have been causing those feelings. LOL
Bess is turning into such a lovely young woman. The last photo is striking.
Awww what an exciting birthday!
Happy Birthday Bessie!!!
Belated Sweet 16 Birthday greetings, Bessie!
Post a Comment