Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Oh, the weather outside.....

Well, I knew it had to happen sooner or later, but this is a bit sooner than usual.

We did have a few snow flurries this week, but check out the video...this is snow.
(The ticking sound is the water dripping off the roof. I was standing under the side porch.)



It started about 4pm this afternoon and continued on for several hours. The ground is totally white. The prediction was for 3" or so, but I'm not sure that much actually accumulated, as the ground was terribly wet from all the rain we have had.

The wind has picked up and it sounds like winter.

They, the meteorologist, are saying we will have 50 degrees by Friday, so this white cold stuff will hopefully be short-lived.

The children are sure hoping that the ground will still be white in the morning.

6 comments:

Romany said...

It's cold here too. Yesterday we had sleet, which I hate. Jamie did not enjoy it in his face as he cycled home from the station, either!

Cynthia said...

Our winter weather from a few weeks ago was short lived. We were back in the 70s yesterday. The weather has my body thinking it's spring not fall... I suppose that'll send me into a tailspin when it really IS winter... I don't "do" winter very well.

Living the Good Life said...

Oh, wow, snow! It has been cold for us here in the deep south, too, this week. The last time it snowed and stuck here was 8 1/2 yrs. ago. Maybe this winter!
Kayla

My Blessings From Above said...

Oh how I wish it would snow here! We love the snow! It did snow up in central Jersey yesterday, but we so far south we only got lots of rain and wind.

berrypatch said...

Noooooo!!!! I am SO not ready for snow or winter or cold. Ugh! Why do I live in Maine again? Oh well. The weather men keep saying the "S" word but so far we haven't had any. The kids certainly wish we would but I'm very happy we haven't so far! ;-)

stitchin schoolmarm said...

Man! I am so envious! I love snowy winter weather. I have decided that this year if we have snow days from school I am going to stitch, not clean, stitch.
Tammy