Monday, January 05, 2009

Daybook


Hope you enjoy my entry for this week. Go to The Simple Woman to read more daybooks from other blogs.

For Today...January 5, 2009

Outside My Window...The children are having a fun time sledding on the hill. The sky is blue and the birds are busy at the feeders. We got some icy snow overnight and it is a bit warmer today.

I am thinking...how thankful I am that it seems the current sickness has stopped at two of the children. Tomorrow will say for sure.
I am thankful for...the wonderful time we had with Brian home from Christmas through New Year's weekend. It was a real blessing to have so much family time.

From the learning rooms...a new curriculum, Heart of Dakota. It feels like a good fit for us. We also started with "circle time" today, before we did any school work. We had prayer, Bible (we are attempting to read through the NT this year), some poetry and memorization work. This is something I want to keep going.

From the kitchen...very light today. Still some unsettled tummies.

I am wearing...a warm cardigan that I discovered in my closet.

I am creating...a new quilt...it is a mystery quilt, so I don't even know what it will look like. Also a new cross-stitch block.

I am going...no where today. We are without a vehicle. It was nice to stay home.

I am reading...a book on letter writing. Also a Penn Dutch mystery.

I am hoping...to have a good night's sleep with no sick children.

I am hearing...quiet playing...I think Pet Shoppe.

Around the house...the Christmas tree is still up, we are reluctant to let it go and also quite a bit of the mess here and there from Christmas. That will have to be attended to this week.

One of my favorite things...a nice cardigan...not too heavy. I am finding these very hard to find.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...working on everyone catching up on their sleep, getting healthy and developing a new schooltime schedule.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing..




9 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh, Debbie, I like reading your daybook entries. I don't know if I would do well with it, but I think I might check out the link. I pray that you do have a good night's rest with no sick kids.

Sojourning Mom said...

Debbie, sometimes I wish we could have a cup of coffee or tea together and you could tell me to stop being so uptight about schooling the kids. I love reading your entries although I am sure that I picture things much more serene at your house than they might actually be :) I've been getting prepared to start back with school tomorrow and I am already stressing out! Hoping your kids are all better.

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb...I have to agree with Seven Sojourners! I need some of your calm, relaxing ways around here. I worry so much about school that I drive myself crazy!
I've tried to lighten up but I'm still finding myself stressing over it way too much.
I checked out Heart of Dakota...can't wait to see what you think about it. I've really been interested in doing some lapbooks but afraid of taking the leap off the textbook pile!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh...one other thing... I LOVE YOUR DAYBOOK...I love it that there seems to be a guide where you "fill in the blanks"! I really enjoy reading and picturing you at home.
Miss you and your family!!

Romany said...

Sounds like you've made a good start to the new term!

berrypatch said...

Okay - help - what's the photo of??? ;-)

Cynthia said...

Hopefully the rest of your crew stays healthy!

Wild Homeschool Family said...

Praying that the tummies are truly settled and all are well again.

Loved the picture thought.

Anonymous said...

Love this idea. Maybe I will incorporate it in my blog or something like it. Loved the picture.